Teosyal ® PRODUCTS AND INDICATIONS
Products in the Teosyal ® range are viscoelastic gels of cross-linked hyaluronic acid (except for Teosyal ® Meso and Teosyal ® Redensity [ I ]), sterile, of non-animal origin, to be injected in the dermis. They are designed for filling wrinkles and lines, correcting the facial oval and/or increasing lip volume. Reticulated products in the TEOSYAL ® range have a 6 to 18 months’ duration. This mean duration depends on several factors: the patient’s skin type, the severity of the wrinkle to be corrected, the injection zone and the volume injected. Teosyal ® Meso and Teosyal ® Redensity [ I ] non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid gels are designed to improve skin hydration and radiance.
Your practitioner will help you to choose the product for injection according to your aesthetic requirement.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
• Pregnant or breast-feeding woman;
• History of hypersensitivity to one of the components of the products tested (hyaluronic acid, lidocaine, vitamins);
• History of autoimmune disease or disease affecting the immune system (type I diabetes, polyarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriasis, thyroid disorder, scleroderma, inflammatory intestinal disease, lupus, multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis);
• Pathology (herpes, acne, rosacea) or unhealed skin alteration;
• Complications after a surgery during the past 5 years
• Previous injection of permanent products (silicone, acrylic polymers, dextran);
• Untreated infectious periodontitis, cellulitis of dental or ENT origin, dental abscess untreated or treated less than one week ago.
• Dissatisfaction with the expected aesthetic result;
• Redness, bruising, ecchymosis, hepatomas, oedema, itching, mild pain at the injection point which may occur after the injection and is resorbed after 24 hours to 8 days (on average within 72 hours);
• Indurations or nodules which may occur at the injection point 15 days to 3 months after the injection;
• Rare reversible colouring of the injection zone.